Thursday, November 19, 2009

Heart Thoughts by Helen

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place; what is man, that You are mindful of him? Psalm 8:3-4 (NIV)

On a church sign in Lacrosse, Indiana, these words jumped out at me:

AUTUMN LEAVES...JESUS DOESN'T

Quite the statement! Being a 'would be word-smith', I added these:

• Friends visit...and leave…Jesus doesn't
• Winds blow away...Jesus stays
• Clouds hover...Jesus covers

Autumn qualifies as my favorite time of year. The trees glow magnificently this year. It's been a wet fall. Most of the time football games for our grandsons move on toward their goal even when it rains. We sat out in a torrential downpour last week to watch our eldest, Caleb, play his last game. The clouds grew ominous, the rains poured, the winds blew. Today, however, the sun shines once again reminding me:

The Son Shines… Autumn leaves...Jesus doesn't.

"I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous, your handmade sky-jewelry, Moon and stars mounted in their setting. Then I look at my micro-self and wonder, Why do you bother with us? Why take a second look our way?" Psalm 8:3-4 (THE MESSAGE)

No comments:

Post a Comment