Monday, February 20, 2012

Pray For Your Pastor

In his letter to the Ephesians, Paul requested prayer for himself. In Ephesians 6:19, he wrote, “and pray on my behalf.” As the Apostle Paul realized his need for prayer, your present pastor realizes his need for continual prayer on his behalf by the people he serves. Here are five things you can pray for him daily.

1. Pray for the correct words to say.
“that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth” (Eph.6:19b)

2. Pray that he may speak with boldness.
“that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak” (Eph.6:20b)

3. Pray for his personal life. (family, finances, study habits, etc.)

4. Pray for his purity.(thoughts, attitudes, motives, etc.)

5. Pray for his power. (prayer life, filling of the Holy Spirit,submission
to he Master’s call, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment