Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Indispensable Man

While searching through some old notes, I discovered the following poem. I belive I first saw it in some John Maxwell materials. I do not know who the orginal writer was but he/she had great insight. I plan to make a copy and put it up in my office as a constant reminder of how much I need others to be at my best.

The Indispensable Man

Sometimes when you are feeling important;
Sometime when your ego's in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You're ithe best qualified in the room.

Sometime whn you feel that your going
Would be an unfillable hole,
Just follow this simple instruction,
And see how it humbles your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist;
Pull it out and the hole that's remaining
Is a measure of how you'll be missed.

You may splash all you please when you enter,
You can stir up the water galore;
But stop and you'll find in a minute
That it looks quite the same as before.

The moral in this quaint example
Is to do just the best that you can.
Be proud of yourself, abut remember
There's no indispensable Man.
(Author Unknowm)

No comments:

Post a Comment